Research & Development
We conduct research. For your business. And our environment.
We have a clear vision: We want to process and recycle used cells to produce new batteries. Our goal is to achieve zero waste.
We closely collaborate with universities, research institutes and industrial partners. Our extensive research and development activities are conducted with a clear focus on batteries enabling us to noticeably advance and continuously improve technological development in recycling.
Our research activities show clear results.
- Redux holds numerous patents, including a patent for an X-ray sorting process that helps us achieve a sorting accuracy of up to 99%.
- In April 2015, we collaborated with Energizerm one of the world's largest manufacturers of batteries. Together we managed to launch “EcoAdvanced” batteries that were produced by reusing battery components recycled by Redux.
- Our self-developed sorting process proved particularly efficient and enables us to sort up to 40 batteries per second.
- A key element of our research activity is maximum protection of the environment. Therefore our plants are certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. These certifications guarantee highest quality standards.
- Thanks to our proprietary lithium-ion battery processing method, we are capable of achieving high metal recycling rates. The active mass produced by us contains highly concentrated nickel, cobalt and lithium, and is produced according to international standards.
Current research projects